On Monday, the Government of India has announced to ban of 59 Chinese apps in the country. A day later, on Tuesday, one of the most popular short video social networks, TikTok was removed from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Users who have TikTok apps in their mobile can use this app, but this platform is officially banned now.
Highlights of 59 Banned Chinese Apps
- TikTok, UC Browser, and WeChat, along with the 59 Chinese apps, has blocked.
- These apps will be removed from the Play Store and App Store.
- Internet Service Providers have been asked to block access and data to these apps by the Government.
- Banned apps will be given a chance to respond to the Government’s concerns.
- India is the most significant international market for TikTok.
Information Minister of India has tweeted, saying that to save users privacy and data information, they ban 59 Chinese apps. According to the Information Technology Act, under section 69A, the emergent nature of threats has forced 59 apps to be blocked as they are engaged in information transfer activities. It is prejudicial to India’s sovereignty and integrity, defense of India, the security of the state, and public order.
The reason behind the banned of 59 Chinese Apps
According to the report of intelligence agencies against the 59 apps that links to China and found privacy issues, it has banned by the Indian Government. The ministry of information technology has confirmed that 59 Chinese apps are allegedly engaging in activities that are prejudicial to India’s integrity, sovereignty, defense of India, the security of the state, and public privacy.
The Government of India has decided to block the usage of these chinese Apps, whether used in mobile or non-mobile Internet-enabled devices. This decision is targeted to ensure safety and sovereignty. The government had also asked Google and Apple to ban Chinese apps like TikTok and CamScanner from their Play Store and App Store. Indian Government takes such steps concerning data security and safeguarding the privacy of 131 crore Indians.
Indian Government’s opinion: Banned 59 Chinese Apps
The Government of India has clearly announced not to use Chinese apps like TikTok and UC Browser as these apps have threats of national security. The ban on TikTok stands out as it was caught spying on iPhone users in India, and the owner Bytedance Company has also confessed about the issues.
So, thinking for citizens’ privacy, the Indian Government banned 59 Chinese apps along with TikTok and ISPs being strictly asked to block access to app servers so that active users can’t use these apps anymore. There has been a loud chorus to take strict action against these Apps, which harms India’s sovereignty and public, private space.
List of 59 apps banned by Government of India “which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order”. pic.twitter.com/p6T2Tcd5rI
— ANI (@ANI) June 29, 2020
Full list of the banned 59 Chinese Apps
India is the most significant international market for TikTok, with more than 120 million users. But, TikTok has been caught to spy on the user’s handset recently. The ban on Chinese apps results in massive violence and street protests at the Galwan river valley, where Indian soldiers were attacked by Chinese troops with crude using lethal weapons like nail-studded rods and spiked clubs. Also, there have been attempting to ban Chinese businesses. According to news agency AFP, China export goods worth nearly 60 billion dollars to India.
|TikTok||Mi Video Call – Xiaomi|
|Kwai||ES File Explorer|
|UC Browser||Viva Video – QU Video Inc.|
|Clash of Kings||New Video Status|
|DU battery saver||DU Recorder|
|Likee||Cache Cleaner DU App studio|
|YouCam makeup||DU Cleaner|
|Mi Community||DU Browser|
|CM Browers||Hago Play With New Friends|
|Virus Cleaner||Cam Scanner|
|APUS Browser||Clean Master – Cheetah Mobile|
|Club Factory||Photo Wonder|
|Beutry Plus||We Meet|
|UC News||Baidu Translate|
|Xender||QQ Security Center|
|QQ Music||QQ Launcher|
|QQ Newsfeed||U Video|
|Bigo Live||V fly Status Video|
|Mail Master||DU Privacy|
Alternative Apps for Popular Chinese Apps
As the Chinese apps are banned, users search for alternative apps of the most used and popular Chinese apps. So here, we are talking about some of the alternative apps for the popular Chinese apps, and that is as follows.
- Alternative apps for TikTok: ShareChat, Ropose, Chingari
- Alternative apps for CamScanner: Adobe Scan, Document Scanner, Microsoft office lens.
- Alternative apps for SHAREit, Xender: Share all, Google Files Go
- Alternative apps for UC Browser: Google Chrome, JIO browser, Epic Browser.
- Alternative apps for BeautyPlus: Indian Selfie Camera, Picksart, B612.
- Alternative apps for Zoom Meet: JIO Meet, Google Meet, Cisco Webex, and Say Namaste Video Conference App.
- Alternative apps for Alie Express, Club Factory, Shein: Myntra, LineRoad, AJIO, Flipkart, Amazon.
- Alternative apps for WeChat: WhatsApp, Signal Messenger, Telegram.
- Alternative apps for WPS Office: Microsoft Office, Office Suite.
- Alternative apps for Viva Video: KineMaster.
- Alternative apps for Turbo VPN: Proton VPN.
- Alternative apps for App Lock: Norton App Lock.
- Alternative apps for DU Cleaner, DU Speed Booster, Clean Master: C Cleaner, Norton Cleaner.
- Alternative apps for PUBG, COD: Free Fire, Fortnite.
The Final Word
So, this is all for now. From this article, you have come to know what the Chinese apps, along with TikTok, are banned and why these apps are banned. And also the alternative apps for the popular Chinese apps are there, users can get the information by studying this comprehensive content.
Finally, if you like our content and efforts behind it, please share this post with your lovable persons. If you want to know anything, then feel free to comment below
- Insomnia Treatment: 13 Insomnia cure tips and its signs
- Indian Web Series Netflix: My top 5 recommendations
- 10 amazing Dating Apps In India for you if you are still single