Listen Audio Version
Python is a high-level programming language that you can use for developing your desktop GUI applications, websites, and web applications. It allows you to focus on the core functionality of common programming tasks. It is developed under an OSI- approved online source license making it even for commercial use. The increased productivity it provides makes you fall in love with it.
Python is simple and therefore reduces the cost of program maintenance. Its high-level is a built-in data structure, combined with dynamic typing and dynamic binding, and can be used as a scripting or glue language to connect the existing components. It also makes Rapid Application Development appear more attractive.
Beginner Tips for Learning Python Programming
Here are some tips and tricks to learn Python for beginners efficiently. Check them here.
1) Make it stick – Since consistency is very important while learning a new language, you are recommended to commit code every day. Muscle memory plays a large role in programming and by coding every day, you will be able to develop your muscle memory. As a beginner, you should also take down notes.
By taking notes, you can work towards becoming a full-time developer, as many interviews will involve writing code on a whiteboard. However, don’t be more inclined to working too hard in absorbing the content. Feel free to take breaks in between for an effective study session.
2) Be more Collaborative – Search for others around you who are studying the same. Even though coding appears to be a solitary activity, it works better if you work together. As a true python learner, you can write blog posts explaining new concepts and recording videos where you have explained any concept. Through these methods, you can also learn more about Python Programming.
An important tip for a beginner is to ask “GOOD” questions. In case you face a problem regarding any context, you can ask a “GOOD” question which goes by the acronym:
- G: Give context on what you are trying to do and clearly describe the problem.
- O: Outline the things which you have already tried to fix.
- O: Offer you the best guess as to where the problem lies. Through this, one can help to deal with the problem and also express it if the person has done some thinking on its own.
- D: Demo what is happening. Includes a traceback error message which explains the steps you have executed that resulted in the error.
How to learn Python?
Python has many internet protocols such as FTP, and IMAP. The unique syntax of Python makes it different from other programming languages like Java, C++, and C. The language is very simple, easy to learn, scalable, and portable. Picking up practical skills in python to work with Data Science and AI( Artificial Intelligence) and creating and deploying AI-powered chatbots using Watson Assistant will help you build smart apps.
The best way you can learn python is through many tutorials which will polish your coding skills in python. As a beginner, you can easily learn python online. Learning python from the python tutorials will help you improve your knowledge about general web developments, scientific computing, and machine learning. There are both free and paid tutorials for you to explore.
- Udemy: To explore new coding skills, Udemy offers you the best platform to learn python language. This Python Programming helps you learn and create your python programs and acquire the prerequisite Python skills to move to specific branches. It is one of the best Python tutorials which provides you courses from beginner to expert level. You can learn the versions of Python 2 with Udemy. After learning the course, you can test your skills through coding exercises.
- Learn Python the hard way: It is also another way to get started with Python Programming Language. It also provides you with opportunities to test and implement what you have learned. It includes some of the key topics like variables and names, strings and text, reading and writing files, classes and objects, functioning, etc. it is also one of the best Python learning courses.
- Codecademy: It is considered to be one of the emerging platforms which emphasizes the overall learning experience. You can easily learn Python online through this site. It also provides you with a free code editor for you to practice writing code and a forum to discuss queries with your friends and other members. You can claim this to be the best website to learn python. You can learn python for free through this website.
Requirements for Learning Python:
To learn Python Programming, all you need is a computer- Windows, Mac, and Linux are supported. The setup and installation instructions are included for each platform. And finally, the thing you need is enthusiasm to learn this go-to programming language.
How to code in Python?
Download Thonny IDE on your computer and install it. IDE is a piece of software that provides you with useful features like code hiring, syntax highlighting and checking, file exploring, etc to the programmer for application development. As soon as it is done, go to file>New> and then save the file with the ‘.py’ extension. The name can be anything but the file name should end with ‘.py’. once it is done, you can write the python code and then save it. Then you can simply click F5 to run it.
Why is Python used?
- General Web Development / Building Web Apps: Being viewed as one of the simplest programming languages, Python helps you in maintaining and updating your software without putting in any extra time and effort. Since python has various pre-built libraries and web frameworks including Pyramid, Django, and Flask, it is highly useful for using on back-end web development projects and it also helps in shortening the amount of time that you spend on projects by allowing you to repurpose chunks of code.
- Machine Learning: Machine learning falls under data science. There are things included under it like speech recognition, financial services, and Netflix recommendations which serve up every time you log into it. It also uses machine learning via specific machine learning libraries and frameworks including sci-kit-learn and TensorFlow.
- Fintech + The Financial Industry: Python dominated the pack which prioritized the pack of hiring developers, programmers, and engineers. The financial industry is also using Python to transform its stack from legacy code. If you are interested in working as a web developer in the financial industry, learning Python would probably be the right decision for you.
To conclude, we can say that Python may have a syntax and a reliable language with great understanding, but the fundamentals it provides are the reason for its failure. However, it still enjoys victory in the community and 3rd party-packages.
An important fact is that Python Programmers can easily write pure Python Code without caring about any external libraries. However, it has gained much popularity because of its focus on code quality and reliability.
The related impact on developer productivity has later become a dominant factor behind Python’s success. Still, it stands in the limelight because of the historic value it possesses. Also, there are many popular sites which official python.org recommends to help you improve your Python coding skills.
Read More 👇
- 6+ Amazing Tricks for You to Choose the Right B Tech Courses in 2021.
- Coding for Kids – 5 Amazing Courses & Apps to Learn Efficiently
- A Complete Hacking Guide for Beginners (Updated)
Get the best books to learn Python as beginner here 👇
- Python for Beginners by Prof. Rahul E. Borate (Author), Dr. Sunil Khilari: Buy here – https://amzn.to/2Lxyps1
- PYTHON: PROGRAMMING: A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO LEARN PYTHON IN 7 DAYS: Buy here – https://amzn.to/35ORQmW
Learning Python for Beginners – Frequently Asked Questions
1) I am new to coding, but can I learn Python?
Yes, anybody with a good technical understanding can learn python.
2) Is Codecademy good for learning Python?
Yes, it is good to learn Python.
3) I am using a MAC OS, can I learn Python?
To learn Python programming you just need a system. Laptop brand or OS does not mean
4) Why is Python used?
It is used for General Web Development, Machine Learning & Fintech industry.
A freelance blogger and travel enthusiast!